Burrr!!! The temperature in Hong Kong is gradually decreasing and for the very first time, I am styling myself in a down jacket. Down jackets are tricky to pull off since it’s puffy and adds a whole lot of volume to your body. That’s why it’s important to find something that has a unique pattern, thin and warm to accomplish a stylish look. Here are 2 looks I have put together for this week’s “how to style” with down jackets. Let’s see how we can wear a puffy jacket in an elegant way!
For office ladies, this is a good trick to look chic and be warm at the same time while you are off to work. I realized finding a down jacket with a decent collar (the jacket that I am wearing, it’s a peter pan collar) can make a huge difference. The collar helps define the neckline with a soft touch to your overall look. As for patterns, go some something that has a fashion element in it, such as chains, bold floral, color blocking or futuristic graphics.
- Add a thin belt to refine waistline to look less bulky and fluffy
- Push up sleeves to have an effortless styling
- Find a pencil slim skirt that is solid color to even out the pattern on down jacket
- A pair of reflective sunglasses is a fun way to add a futuristic touch to an outfit
Look 2: White Sailor
You may think white down jackets will make you look fat and like the Michelin, it really depends how to wear it. While the down jacket is puffy, wear something that is casual cool inside to balance it out. In this way, you will have a functional and fashionable style while wearing down jackets. The most flattering length for down jackets usually hits mid thighs, so make sure to avoid anything longer than that.
Styling Tips :
- Go for a V neck knit sweater to have a contrast , you can add a brooch in the center to create an illusion of a necklace
- A pair of leather shorts with nude boots will bring everything together
- The nude boots can elongate your legs ( make sure it’s a bit loose )
- A small cute purse to complete your down jacket look without looking bulky and clumsy
look 1: down jacket by Versus Versace | skirt by topshop | clutchy by H&M| sunglasses by quayaustralia |heels by serigo rossi
look 2: down jacket by Versus Versace | knit top by bershka | leather shorts by Salvatore Ferragamo| berlin bag by BOSS hugo boss | boots by Michael Kors | photography by Janette Law