When you start discovering how to wear all kinds of colors, eventually you will shift your all time classic little black dress to navy blue dresses. Since it gives out a confident vibe when comparing blue to black. We all say a little black dress can be styled with all kinds of looks. I say navy dresses can do the same too! From a sophisticated look with heels to just a pair of sneakers and sunglasses. Here I have selected a zip up and structured ruffle Irina Dress [email protected]unitedwood ( one of my recent discovery ) to demonstrate this week’s #howtostyle.
Look 1: Refined and Refreshed
This refined look is perfect for a dinner date to a new restaurant. You won’t be able to guess who are the new crowds, that’s why you should dress up and have fun! The structured ruffles gives a bold statement to draw attention when walking into the restaurant. Also the ruffles gives a good distraction to hide out any love handles!
- Cape on a bright fresh short coat ( preferably without zippers) to brighten up your look
- Add a metallic clutch to create the effortless chic vibe
- Pendant earrings can enhance and refine your femininity
- Have fun with you heels, go for a stripe or bold pattern ( but remember to have touches of navy blue on it to correspond to the dress)
- Lastly, put on your sweetest smile and you are ready for a fun night out to meet new friends
Look 2: Button it all the way up
This way of styling is more of a preppy casual look. Seek for a button up turtle neck top to mix and match. The white turtleneck effect is a new way to style up this dress to office attire. I would say this look is great for running around to meetings on a busy day with a sneaker chic touch.
- Button it all up if you are wearing a turtleneck shirt, stick with white! Avoid black or dark colors, it will make you look 5 years older
- If you are not a fan of turtleneck, try a crispy white shirt with rolled up sleeves
- Red lip is mandatory for this look, the pop of red makes your whole look sharp
- With the red lip, a pair of tortoise sunglasses and small stud earrings can give you the right attitude ( especially when you are on the street and looking at your phone)
Look 1: mint jacket by ZARA| Navy Irina Dress by united wood @ Harvey Nichols | Sara Crystal Bar Earrings by Twelveotwo @the 9thmuse | clutch by Kotur| shoes by Bionda Castana
Look 2: shirt by united wood @ Harvey Nichols| sequins sneaker by Hogan| sunglasses by Prada| Earrings by Twelveotwo @the 9thmuse| Lip Color by Givenchy | iPhone case @ casetify