Blue is my new black, it’s a color that I feel confident wearing throughout the year. Blue is a color that is the least gender specific, meaning it looks great on both men and women. But, I remember when I was young, whenever someone asked me what was my favorite color, it would automatically be blue. While the majority of girls picked red, pink or purple, I stuck with blue all the way! There is a calm factor when I style with blue, it works well with tone on tone or a mix of color. This week ” HOW TO STYLE” I picked this pleated midi skirt to share with you all how it can be styled in 2 ways.The colors we choose to surround ourselves affects us more than we think. What is your favorite color to surround yourself?
Look 1: Color block with Yellow Florals
These 2 combinations welcomes the start of Spring, it gives an overall fresh vibe to yourself and surroundings. A nice way to look lean and tall without wear any dark colors.
- While your base (shirt and skirt ) is solid , you can an additional color of floral pattern for layering
- For a lady like style, a long coat will do the trick
- The long jacket creates a leaner figure against pleaded skirt
- A hint of mint jewelry brings out the freshness to your overall look
Look 2: The new Dior Look
- Look for a short sleeve top that emphasizes the waistline
- Keep in mind, your top length should land right below hip ( if your top is too long, I advise you to get it altered)
- Match with simple metallic pointy pumps for a modern look
- Don’t forget a pair of cat eye sunglasses to bring out the 50’s chic
SHOP THE LOOK